Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Flight...

Greetings!

Today I want to share with you one of two projects that are "out-the-box" for me for totally different reasons.  The first I'll show today and the other tomorrow.  For those of you that know me, know that I don't celebrate Halloween.  However, from the moment I saw this image I felt compelled to create this card.  I actually saw the colors and how I wanted the images to appear.  I created this card as a way to challenge myself.  I wanted to take an image and merge it into a pre-existing environment.  I think I need to show you the card so that you can see what I mean.


If you look closely, there is a scene behind the witches.  There's the full glowing moon, trees, plants, rocks, etc.  I downloaded this image from an online gallery and played around with it until it looked dark and eerie.  I then placed the witches on the rocks in front of the moon and colored them.  I wanted to incorporate as many "Halloween" colors as possible.  I believe these lil' witches are both anxious and nervous about taking their "first flight."  I am sure that they will do fine. :-)  TFL!

Recipe:
Image:  A Day for Daisies
DP:  Paperstack
Coloring Tools:  Copics
Diecuts/Punches:  Embossing folder, MS
Accessories:  Ribbon form Michaels

Now get to creating...







Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Candy! Love this card! Where did you get the download from? I also love the way it looks like paint dripping down. How did you achieve that effect? Congrats on being name dt! I love Tammy's images and it's so great to have fabulous card makers showing them off to their best advantage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention