Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, December 3, 2010

A day for daisies Challenge #7: All wrapped up!

Greetings!

It's time for Challenge #7 at A Day For Daisies! You know that special box wrapped so perfectly, you can hardly imagine what it might hold?  Yep…use wrapping paper in your card design. Lets take as much care in making these cards as we would in executing a flawless wrap job! These cards will be so pretty it won’t matter whats inside.  Its all in the wrapping!  The challenge begins today (December 3, 2010) and will close on December 16th at Midnight PST. So that means you have a whole two weeks to play along!

What a cool idea, huh?  Use wrapping paper to make your card.  I decided to use the wrapping paper as my designer background paper for my card.  Check it out my creation...




I used the black and white technique which I just learned and I love how it came out.  I would have never thought to use purple and gray together, but I think it works!  The cute bird in the nest came from my BFF Michelle C. and it worked so well with this image.  You can pick this gorgeous Tree Angel up here.

WAIT...there is more!  Today is Friday New Release day and you can get 25% off all the new release images and they are GORGEOUS!!  I want to share another card with you that I created using the new release image Buttons



Again, I used the black and white technique on this card.  I love how it turned out too!  I thank you for looking and make sure that you stop by the store to pick up these FAB images today and stop by the blog for the challenge.

Now get to creating...



Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Candy, these are both too cute! I so love the cat charm wrapped up in the string on the second one, and the highlight on the dress looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention