Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, February 11, 2011

ADFD New Release Friday - "Sweet Boy"

Greetings!

T.G.I.F!!  Finally Friday has arrived and that means that it is new release time over at "A Day for Daisies."  Today love is in the air...especially since Monday is Valentine Day!!  I have for years now always bought my mother gifts on Valentine and Sweetest Day.  She is truly the love of my life.  :-D  I think that bond between mother and child is the most precious, priceless commodity around.  I encourage you to step outside of your usually Valentine Day ritual of giving gifts to your sweetheart and give to someone who would be totally appreciative (not to say that your sweetheart wouldn't be) and surprised by your gift. :-D




Okay, enough chatter about that...here's my new release creation using the oh so so "sweet boy" from ADFD.


I love the way this card turned out and immediately when I saw the image I knew it had to be in a heart.  I didn't take a picture of the inside of the card, but I wrote the following sentiment...

"Love at first sight happens when a baby is born."

I truly believe this is really what love at first sight is all about.  It is that moment when you meet a stranger and you can't take your eyes off them.  They consume your every thought and all you want to do breath them in. (This coming from a woman who has no children.)  I truly think that the relationship a parent has with their child is...well words can't describe it...it's like the relationship we should have with God. 

Well, I hope that you enjoy these images as much as I do.  You can head over to the store and snag them today.  Oh, don't forget that you can also pick the $2.00 deal which is this adorable image below.

Recipe:
Sentiment:  Me!
Ink:  Copics
Diecut:  Birds Blog
Embellishments: Flowers and Gems from Pizzaz Aplenty


Challenges:
Bee Crafty - hearts
Card Makin' Momas - Valentine
Catch the Bug Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Love
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts
The Crafty Pad - Love is in the air
Crafty Purple Frog - Valentine's Day/Romance
Creative Card Crew - For a loved one (mommy)
Creative Cowgirls - Love is in the air
Creative stamp Friends - Valentine
Cutie Sunday - Hearts
Digital Tuesday - From the Heart/Valentine
Do it with Digis - Valentines
Double Dutch - Love is in the air
One Stitch at a Time - Anything goes w/digi
OLLCB - For somone speical (mommy)
The Pink Elephant - Be My Valentine
SC Saturday Challenge - Valentine
Scrapbook Sisters - My Valentine
The Sisterhood of Crafters - In love with Valentines
Stamp Something - Something for your Valentine
Stamp R Us - Valentine/Love

Now get to creating...






Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love how you put the image inside of the heart. I agree with you, that we need to think of so many others than just our 'sweethearts' on Valentine's Day! I'm sure your mom will love this card!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a beautiful card! And a cute digi stamp :) Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday!
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge blog, I hope to see you playing along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card you made :)
    Yhank you for playing along with us at Craft Us Crazy this time, and hope to se you again.
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the image in the heart!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Valentine Challenge! Good Luck!
    Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is really cute. Love your card. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention