Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Challenge #11 @ ADFD: "Heavy Metal Rocks" Challenge & New Release

Greetings!

Spring is in the air...well at least at A Day for Daisies!  I have some adorable creations to share with you using the fantastic images that Tammy has created for us to play with this week.  This week we are paying tribute to some serious heavy metal over at ADFD by using metallic aspects in our cards for this week's challenge.  The challenge runs from February 4th-17th and so head over to the challenge blog and submit your entry to win an awesome image.  I chose to keep with the Spring theme of the new release images and used some serious heavy metal cardstock on my flower pot creation. 








This case can hold anything; however, it has seeds inside the inner pocket. I used the cute strawberry flower part that is the new release image to create a pull out card which has instructions on when/how to plant the seeds.  I think this would make a cute gift for the gardener in your life.  Since I have an awful non-green thumb, I would never attempt to plant anything. ;-D


To create my next card I used the adorable new release "Mushroom Gnome."  This cutie reminded me of the traveling gnome from the Travelocity commercials so i was thrilled to work with him.  I also added the "fairy mushrooms" from last release, because they went along with him so well.  My initial creation didn't come to fruition, because my supplies didn't arrive on time; therefore, I ended up with this card.  I like it (especially the cloud paper), but I still have my original idea stuck in my head which I will have to create at some point.


Well, I hope you have been inspired by my creations and that you will participate in our "Heavy Metal Rocks" challenge this week.  Congrats to last week's winner!!  Also, don't forget to snag any of these awesome new releases and the $2 deal of the day is a beatiful boquet of roses!  This would be perfect for those Valentine Day cards. :-D


Now get to creating...







Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that gnome is adorable and the scene you created fits him so well :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention