Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Scoop: Mo Manning Interview Segment 3

Greetings!

Here's the 3rd installment in the Mo Manning interview.  I hope that you have been enjoying finding out about Mo.  I know I have.  Be sure to sign up to be entered in the drawing for Mo blog candy.  Just scroll down down to enter your information in the InLinkinz.  TFL!


How did you feel when you first saw your artwork used in a project (card, page layout, etc.)?


AMAZED. To have a black and white drawing leave my desk and the next time I see it it's become a major element in one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen is just amazing. And then . . . the next day to see the same black and white drawing become a whole new and different beautiful card is completely awesome. I LOOOOOOVE seeing you guys take my drawings to a higher level!!! I don't mind at all that the majority of the time I look at your finished art and KNOW I could not have done it so well.


What advice would you give other digital stamp artist?

Well. That's kind of hard. I don't really see a digital stamp artist as different from a regular professional illustrator. My advice would be to protect your copyright and help other artists protect their copyrights. The digital world is scary -- and a lot of people "using" digital art do not understand that sharing is stealing. Also, there are a lot of people who are trying to sell images that are not really their own.


And a pet peeve -- Scanning in an image and putting it up for sale does NOT make one a digital stamp artist. :)

Thanks, Mo!  Please know that we will come to rescue.
 
Candy
 
Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention