Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A day for daises "Lots of Layers" Challenge #3

Greetings beautiful people!

Okay, this week over at at "a day for daisies" we are having our third challenge and with the cool Fall weather here, you need to put on lots of layers. My creation was truly a challenge within a challenge. I have had some serious personal problems going on and I am thankful for all the prayers, because God truly heard them. I thank God for his mercy and grace.

I had this image colored and ready to go a while ago; however, I looked at it and didn't like how I colored it, so I colored it again...and again...and again...just to end up using the first image I colored.lol Please tell me that this has happened to others. LOL Anyways, this image caught my eye the first time I visited Tammy's store, but I didn't purchase it immediately. However, when I did purchased I immediately envisioned how I wanted to use it. The first thing I wanted to do was to place this beauty on top of something. Since, I can't draw (not even stick figures) I was stumped until the idea to draw a brick wall came to mind. Here's my drawing (don't laugh)...

This was the first layer of my card. I don't know why it looks wobbly here, because it doesn't look that way in my card. lol My second layer was "wildflowers" from Make it Crafty and then the final and most important layer was "Star Flower Girl." When I saw her she reminded me so much of myself (I think because she's curvy as well). lol I imagined that she was sitting out on her brick wall and a secret admirer snaps a picture of her. *giggl* Well, now that I have set the mood...here she is..."Lady on the wall." TFL!


Okay, I showed you my creation, now head over to the challenge blog and show me yours. If you haven't joined us over at "a day for daisies" CDAC group, what are you waiting for?


Recipe:
Image: "a day for daisies"
Color tool: Copics, Stickles
DP: Basic Grey "Wisteria"; Cardstock: Cor'dinations
Punch/Diecut: MS, Spellbinders Labels 10
Accessories: Flowers from Prima Flowers


Now get to creating...






Remember: There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!















1 comment:

  1. really cute card! and yes I have done the same thing, coloring or changing things, just to end up using my first one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention