Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flamenco Dancer Card

Greetings!

Hope your Saturday is productive.  I plan on relaxing and trying to stay off my knee so it can heal.  However, I will work on a few cards and maybe sneak in some cooking.  Yep, for those of you who know me...I did say "cooking."  I have been a cooking crazy person since I joined Pinterest.  I am just so inspired to make stuff.  I made a yummy Oreo cookie-Peanut Butter-Reese's Cup dessert on Wednesday for an office party and Thursday I made Sweet and Sour Chicken with fried rice.  Oh my, I am so glad that I have lots of people to share it with. lol  My older sister, Dora, who is a phenomenal cook, baker, and candy maker (lol) is so floored that I am cooking.  She has been trying to get me to do it for years and I didn't see the need when I had her. lol  However, now I enjoy the challenge of creating dishes from recipes and adding my own little something-something to them.   Okay, enough about cooking...

Today, I am sharing with you one of my Etsy inspired cards.  I saw these cute little Bridal clutches on Etsy.com and thought they would make cute cards. 



However, once I made  my card, it reminded me of a Flamenco Dancer's dress.




I don't know why this reminded me of a Flamenco Dancer...maybe the colors and the lace. I truly loved the way the clutch looked and wanted to duplicate it.  Unfortunately, I am not good with making paper flowers so I kind of improvised with this one.  I will give this card another try, because again I love the look and also over on Birds blog she has free rolled flower SVGs which I will use for the next card I create.

I will be entering this card in the DYSU "Anything Goes" challenge.



Recipe:
DP:  SU
Cardstock:  Marco
Embellishments:  Lace from stash, brad from Michaels


Now get to creating...


Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love all that black lace and your flower looks cool.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention