Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge "Lace" theme

Greetings!

Happy Monday to everyone!  I have a funny story to share before I show you the card I am entering in this week's DP2 challenge.  I had to go to the eye doctor this morning and of course I had to get my eyes dilated.  Well, for those of you who have had this done you know that sunshine isn't your friend.  Today is extra sunny (especially for February) here in Michigan and I feel like a mole squinting my eyes and trying to see my computer.  Therefore, if there are any mispelled words, punctuation errors or anything wacky about this posting, please know that it is because I can barely see. lol

Okay, today I am working with Mo's beautiful Senorita Flamenco dancing girl.  I love this image because of the flare of her dress.  How simply beautiful she is and I love how I can do several different color combos on this one image and they only add to her beauty.  The challenge this week requires that you add lace and this image lends itself to lace very well I think.  Take a look...



I love color and I had a blast combining all these colors to create this card.  I used paper from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6x6 pad (I believe in an earlier post I credited this paper to MME, but it is Basic Grey).  I used that as my inspiration for the colors of her dress.  I used Copics to color her.  I have had the fortune to see several Flamenco dancing acts and the little kids are always my favorite. 
Thanks for looking!

Now get to creating...
 





Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

6 comments:

  1. OH Candy, how very gorgeous! I love the colours combo and the lace!

    Hope you can see better tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Candy, hope you can see this sweetie...lol. Your text is just perfect, as far as a non-native can tell:)) but your card s simply gorgeous: love the flow and mixture of colors and the happy feeling this card conveys. This sweet seniorita is one of those images I've always wanted to color; now I have to:)
    Glad you could share it with us at Mo's this week!

    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candy! Ooooh...I feel your pain, girlfriend! I just had my eyes dilated the other day...and I was worthless when I got home. Couldn't see anything...so I took a nappy nap! LOL!!I saw no typos...so you did pretty well w/your dilated eyes!You didn't color your image with dilated eyes, did you?! Your card is gorgeous! I love the bright colors!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. That black lace is perfect with this image! Reminds me of a pretty mantilla! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy! Great card! The colors are just perfect for her! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week. :)
    Hugs,
    Dorcas
    ps) I have no strings attached candy on my blog if you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well for not seeing you did a great job at posting. I need glasses and now you have me nervous..lol. This is so sweet. I really like the lace you chose. Thanks for joining us at MO's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention