Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Church Ladies

Greetings!

I just realized that Easter is this Sunday.  What planet have I been residing on??  I can't believe that March will be over with so soon.  It has truly been a blur of a month for me.  I had to go out and buy an Easter dress.  Yes, I still do that.  haha  I use to love it when my mom would take us shopping for Easter dresses, shoes, purse and hat.  I thought I was so grown up. lol  Well, I can't seem to let the feeling go, because I do it every year.  My little treat to myself.  I don't get the hat, but I do get everything else (including the basket-lol).

Well, today I would like to share with you a card I made using Robert Jackson's Church ladies.  I love this image because it reminds me of the church ladies at my church.

Here's my creation...

Church Ladies
 
I started out with my traditional 6x6 white scalloped cardstock base.  I then layered on black cardstock and then designer paper.  I used a DieCut Above diecut in the center and then layered a Spellbinder's diecut on top.  I cut my ladies image out after coloring them with Copic markers and centered then on top of the SB diecut.  I ran ribbon across the diecut and tied a bow.  I added some beads on a string and gel bling to finish it off.

I dedicate this card to all the church ladies who will be wearing their huge Easter hats on Sunday. teeheehee

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Now get to creating...

 
 
Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and that bow finishes it off perfectly.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candy, this is a beautiful card. One of your best I think. Beautiful coloring and I love the use of the die-cuts. Now does this also mean you dedicate it to the most famous "Church Lady" - Dana Carvy....lol joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy
    This card hit home WOW, WOW. Yep all the ladies in my church wear hats. I just love this image.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention