Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A CAS birhday card for Kim!

Greetings!

Forgive me for my late posting, but we are having a lot of rain (thundering and lighting) so my internet is wacky.  Nevertheless, I carry on!  I am popping in to wish one of my crafting buddies, Mz. Kim of scrapsoffaith.blogspot.com, the happiest birthday evah!!  Me and my other crafting buddy, Mz. Sassy (a.k.a. Joann) over at sassyraggedy.com, decided to make Kim a monochromatic and CAS card. 

I chose to do a CAS card.  Okay, I must say that I have created several cards over my lifetime for many different people; however I have never been so intimidated about creating a card.  If you check out Kim's blog you will know why.  This woman doesn't do simple, she does extravangant, she does eloquent, she does elaborate, but never simple (even when she tries - lol).  So, I still haven't decided whether I will mail her this card or not. lol 

Here's my birthday card for Kim...

Kim's simple card
 
I used a 6x6 peach cardstock base and layered on some Kraft paper.  I then cut some SU dp and glued a lace border on it using a SU punch.  I cut the sentiment out on my Cameo as well as the cupcake.  I colored the cupcake using Copics.  Walah!  Simple card is born.  I could have made it even more simple, but had to keep the recipient in mind. (tehehehe)

Well, Kim, my friend, I hope that you have a blessed bday.  May our heavenly Father above open the windows of Heaven and pour out so many blessings that you can hardly contain them all.

Love ya,


4 comments:

  1. Candy!
    What can I say! I just LOVE IT! You are soooooooooooo sweet sweetie pie. Yes you are right I can't do CAS 4 real it is not in my vocabulary LOL. I don't even try. I just do Kim lol. You and Sassy together Bonnie and Clyde dangerous!! Thanks again I am just speechless.

    Love and Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous CAS monochromatic creation. The birthday girl will treasure this.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a first Candy if Kim is speechless!!!, lol I love your card the borders are beautiful. I am like you, not sure I even want to mail my card so intimidating...lol But Kim will love to have them so we should go ahead and mail them...This was fun, we are going to have to find someone else to pick on now...Who has a birthday coming up....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that's so fun to see Kim's reaction to your card. What a wonderful idea of you and Sassy doing this together for her ;) Such different cards from what Kim does lol You've done a wonderful CAS creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention