Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mo's DP2 Challenge: Anything Goes!

Greetings!

Wow, it is already the beginning of another week.  Where did the weekend go?  I had a busy busy week.  My sister got married and I was writing a poem for the ceremony, finishing up programs, and sewing an aisle runner.  I can't believe how domesticated I have become lately.  In the past I only used my sewing machine for sewing on cards, but now I have been making wallets, aisle runners, purses and I've pinned a TON of other stuff I would like to make.  I am also cooking a lot more too.  I know this may not seem like a big deal, but for all my friends and family who know me, this is very different from my norm.  My mom says that I am just preparing for my husband. LOL...she cracks me up.

Anyways, I am entering another card in the DP2 challenge and have decided to use one of Mo's newer images for this card.  I fell in *heart* with the "Elke and Bear" image because of her face.  Mo has a way of capturing the innocence of a child's face like no other. 

Here's my creation...

Peachy Keen
 Okay, when I saw this image I didn't read Mo's description of it in the store and I just saw this beauty sitting on a swing under a peach tree.  Maybe it was because I just returned from the south and was craving some peach cobbler, who knows.  Well, I knew what I wanted to do with her and started with a 6x6 chocolate cardstock base.  I layered on a piece of embossed white cardstock and peach dp on the diagonal.  I cut out a tree, grass and fence on my Cameo and created my little scene.  I used Spellbinder's circle and cirlce eyelet dies to mat the image on.  I cut the little cutie out on my Cameo and used pop dots to adhere her.  I colored the scene using Copic markers. 

I finished my card off with a sentiment from Create with TLC.  If I said it before I'll say it again, Paulette always has the perfect sentiment for whatever I am working on. 

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Challenge(s): 
Mo's DP2 Challenge:  Anything Goes

Now get to creating...


Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention